Chili Life (not) for Me
While I love chilly weather, chili is not my friend. But I cook it for my production team at Element Church. This weekend’s chili was a hit. They loved it and I figured I should share the recipe. This recipe produces a chili with a bit of a kick. This one is for you Amy and Ms. Christy!
This chili recipe is great and can be made with or without tomatoes. I cook this in a crockpot over 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can chili beans not drained
- 1 can tomatoes chopped & not drained
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 pepper (red or yellow) chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1.5 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Brown the ground beef with the onions and two kinds of garlic.
2. Drain the fat.
3. Add meat to crockpot, add all other ingredients and stir until combined. Adding the butter in last at the top.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
5. Serve and Enjoy.
Don’t forget to follow me and sign up for emails!